Welcome to the Doggie Dojo
Finish the following Starter Guide to complete your White Belt Rank:
What you are going to need to begin?
- Your Focus- The most important part of your dog's life is you. Make sure that you are ready to commit to your dog's whole life. Think about where you want to be with your dog over the next year and what are some life goals you could achieve together.
- Rewards- Make sure to start taking the time to notice your dog's likes or dislikes. Whether it is food, toys, other dogs, or squirrels, you can use those to strengthen your dog's relationship with you.
- Equipment- Proper fitting equipment can make a huge difference in your training. Most dog's benefit from both a properly fitted collar and harness. A sixfoot cloth, nylon, or leather leash and not a retractable gives you safe control. Positive Attitude Science has discovered that your dog's brain will engage more when using rewards with training. When frustrated, instead of stepping into the situation, take a step back to make a game plan to succeed.
Next we will look at what you are going to need to take care of your dog's physical, mental, and social health.
WHITE BELT REQUIREMENTS:
- Arrives to class early enough to prepare themselves and dog for class
- Helps set up class (if needed)
- Has good regular attendance
- Learns and follow safety rules
- Completes Homework each week and brings in handbook
- Keeps dog clean and up to date on health requirments
- Begins to learn and apply proper handling and greeting
- Attempts to makeup for any absence by spending extra time on homework
- Remains after class to close up (if needed)
- Knows their dog's favorite treat, toy, and place to be petted
- Dog has learned all skills within the Starter Obedience Pack
- Attention To Name-
Treats open palm next to dog's head (Indoors)
Sits on first attempt with Lure
Stands on first attempt with Lure
Downs on first attempt with Lure
- Sit For Greeting-
Sits at side with Lure while guardian shakes stranger's hand
- Collar Grab-
Dog will allow owner to reach for the collar
Dog will Touch nose to owners hand when prompted
- Value for Bed-
Dog will hop on the bed and stay on there for 30 seconds
- Pet then Treat-
Owner is able to pet their dog and then give them a treat